On the Baby Growing front, some great things are happening. As of today (7/28/11), we are closing out week #29, and heading into week #30 - WOW!! Last week, Heidi had a doctor appointment where an ultrasound to check the heartbeats wound up showing some evidence that the babies were beginning to excercise their lungs - a GREAT sign. Today, I was able to visit Sacramento for another "Level 2" ultrasound, where detailed measurements are taken of limbs, head, abdomin. All measurements are looking good! (more on that in a second). Heidi is looking wonderful, and in such good spirits. I have to imagine if I had three babies bouncing on my bladder, and beating me up from inside at all hourse of the day, I would be WAY more cranky than she is... what a wonderful person she is! Heidi and I were also able to go on a private tour of the hospital labor & delivery, as well as seeing the Nursery and NICU facilities. It was more than a little eye-opening to hear the cries of newborns, and think that in a few weeks, our babies would be joining in the commotion!
From the Ultrasound, we found out that the Three Little Monkeys have been moving around a lot! All three are now in Breech presentation (head-up). The picture below shows all three heads in a row! I wonder if they are conferring on how to get us wrapped around their little fingers as soon as possible? (Little do they know, we are already there!) I also can't help of them so close together like little "standing" passangers on a bus... holding on thru the bumps in the road. Hopefully they don't "pull the cord" to get off the ride for a few more weeks still.
A few weeks!! EEEK !! Amazing, huh? After almost 30 weeks post-transfer, and months before that working through the pre-arrangements (ED selection, Surrogate Match, Wiring Funds, Doctors, Lawyers, more Doctors, and More Lawyers...) we are almost at the point of having our little ones join us on the outside. Hearing the doctor talk about plans for C-Section scheduling and other preparations kinda left Heidi and I in a little bit of a daze - we both looked at each other like "OMG...we are so close!".
So here is the current stats and Plans....
- We are currently at 29 weeks, 5 days gestation
- Baby A (Girl) is measuring at 30.2 weeks - Approx 3lbs, 7 oz
- Baby B (Boy) is measuring at 31.1 weeks - Approx 3lbs, 15oz
- Baby C (Girl) is measuring at 28.5 weeks - Approx 2lbs, 13oz
- In the last 4 1/2 weeks, the babies have developed approx:
- Baby A - 5 weeks (ahead of the curve)
- Baby B - 4 1/2 weeks (right on schedule)
- Baby C - 4 weeks (a little behind, but still within standard development)
- Plan is to pass 32 weeks, and stretch (sorry Heidi!) it to at least 34 weeks. Most Triplets (90%+) are born around 32 weeks gestation.
|The Brain Trust... Literally! Three in a Row|
|Heidi - Still smiling ! :-)|